Keep in Touch!

Cool Social Media Sharing Touch Me Widget by Beautiful Blogger Widgets

.

Fat Fab Fit

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

FREE to try before you buy!

I recently joined Influenster which is basically a free program where you receive products to try and review, and share with your people.  You link all of your social media accounts with the website, and fill out questionnaires depending on the type of box they will ship out.  If you qualify to receive a box you'll get notified and eventually receive a large box filled with items.  The purpose is to try them and share your honest opinions with your friends, family, coworkers, etc...

I recently received the complimentary "Sugar n Spice Voxbox" (my first box!) for testing purposes from Influenster.  The box contained 7 items: Colgate "Optic White" toothpaste, mouthwash, and 360 brush, Vaseline "Spray & Go" Moisturizer, Dickinson's Witch Hazel Oil Controlling Towelettes, belVita breakfast biscuits, and Nectresse sweetener.  I was super excited to see all of these items I got for free; it was like opening a present at Christmas!  I tried all of these items (with the exception of the biscuits) for 1 week (or longer if I really liked it), and here are my reviews:




Colgate Optic White toothpaste - I did not enjoy using this toothpaste.  It was very grainy and felt "heavy" in my mouth; it's a very thick consistency.  Also the taste was not appealing at all.  It definitely brought flashbacks of visits to the dentist.  On the bright side it does whiten teeth as promised.  My teeth were noticeably whiter at the end of the first week of use.  I think if you are going to use this product, only use a little on the brush so the consistency and taste won't overwhelm you.

Colgate Optic White 360 toothbrush - When I first saw this I pictured myself using it often because it seemed like it would really do a great job of cleaning.  However the brush was a little awkward to use.  It has no grip to keep it steady when brushing, and since it's curved it makes it harder to handle.  I felt like I was brushing my teeth for the first time with it.  However, the head does a great job of cleaning. I feel like my whole mouth is clean after using it.  I paired it with the Optic White toothpaste which may have contributed to my teeth being noticeably whiter in a week.

Colgate Optic White Rinse - I am never using this again!  The taste was HORRIBLE!  I don't even know how to describe it.  It tasted totally laced with chemicals.  I felt as though I was putting something toxic in my mouth.  It was also strangely a little salty.  I don't normally use mouthwash often but when I do I expect something more pleasing, minty.  This is not a product I would care to use ever again.  Also the directions state to rinse with 15 ml BUT the cap didn't indicate what 15 ml was; no lines to indicate or anything.  That would've been nice to see.

Dickinson's Witch Hazel Oil Controlling Towelettes - I like that it cleanses my face without drying it out.  I would definitely use this in lieu of a toner.  The only thing I didn't like about the wipes is the smell.  I just didn't find the scent pleasant.

Vaseline "Spray & Go" Moisturizer - I LOVE this!  I am buying this for sure.  My friends tried it and they love it too.  It's super moisturizing and not greasy at all, as promised.  Your skin absorbs it quickly and feels smooth the whole day.  Very easy to use.

belVita Breakfast Biscuits - Delicious; like eating a cookie pretty much.  It was sweet and nutritious.  I loved eating them with Greek yogurt.

Nectresse Sweetener - This was an item I was thinking of purchasing and glad I didn't.  It's all-natural but tastes like an artificial sweetener.  It left a metallic aftertaste in my mouth. I didn't like it at all.

So if you're into saving money and getting things for free, joining Influenster may be your best bet!





No comments:

Post a Comment